Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tool #4

Google Apps

I have been using Google Docs for sometime now. I really think it is a useful tool, but there are still a few little kinks that I come across from time to time.

I set up a Google Form and sent it to my team to answer the questions. I really like this App. I can see so many ways to use this in the classroom. I can't wait to use Google Forms with the students. The addition of the new technology will really help when utilizing this particular tool in the classroom.

I work with Google Spreadsheets daily. I have a spreadsheet where students sign-up for their CESIT classes. CESIT classes are my school's electrives programs. I am able to track where all students are during the elective periods every day (or at least where they are suppose to be). It is also easy to move a student from one class to another when necessary.

Aside from a few gliches I have had from time to time, I feel that I can use Google Docs for most of the work I need to do, both at work and at home.

1 comment:

  1. I too, use Google Docs 99% of the time at home and work! In fact, my son gets annoyed because I refuse to purchase Office for my laptop at home! :-) I think Forms are very useful and can be lots of fun! Think about having students create surveys and then using the analytics to create graphs. The graph types change depending upon the choices. Could help clarify graphs for students.

    ReplyDelete