Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tool #6

I had completely forgotten about Today's Meet. We tried this at the beginning of the school year at our own Staff Development. I thought it was really cool, but you know how it is...I got busy and completely forgot the possibilities this tool has to offer.  Later this week, I will give the students my link and we will "talk". I will let you know how it goes.

Here is the link I will give them:  http://todaysmeet.com/MrsGrantsScienceTalk

I also really like Edmodo. There are several teachers here who use Edmodo on a regular basis. I see this as a way to utilize more in-depth discussions and delivery of information. At this time I haven't used it, but would like to give it a try in the near future. I have used Google docs, both as a link with other teachers and as a collaborative tool for the students.  The more Google Apps I use, the better I like them.

The real challenge we have faced this year is the problem with the different technological devices we have in our classroom. Our mini computers (which we received with a grant) are frequently not working, despite numerous trouble tickets and the iPod touches seem to have a lot of trouble connecting to the network. It just becomes frustrating when you really try to integrate the technology and you spend half your time trouble-shooting.

If only I didn't need to sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment